ONCE A WEEK!
How often are you having sex? A 2017 study of over 26,000 people from 1989-2014 showed Americans are having sex 54 times a year! Whats interesting, though, is that number drops a bit for married couples... down to 51 times a year! Still though, about once a week.
However, as expected, 20 year olds reported having sex up to 80 times in a year (about 1.5 times a week.) Also as expected, the number drops significantly for people in their 60's to only 20 times a year (around once every 2 1/2 weeks.)
Now obviously, there is NO SET NUMBER of how much sex YOU should be having, and a lot of factors go into this. Some of the factors that affect this are...
- Stress — in general or about the relationship
- Changes in the body due to aging and health issues
- Falling into a routine that's become boring
- Being busy with kids, family, or career
- Not feeling comfortable communicating with each other
- Not feeling seen or heard by your partner
Now the BEST WAYS to improve your sex life are...
- Reducing your stress (easier said than done, right?)
- Exploring your sexual self (Take that HOWEVER you want!)
- Trying something completely new!
- Begin foreplay before you reach the bedroom.
- Communicate with your partner/partners to keep curiosity, compassion, and vulnerability.
REASONS SEX IS GOOD FOR YOUR BODY!
- Allows people to express and experience connection.
- Strengthens emotional bonds.
- Releases Dopamine.
- May lower blood pressure.
Gif credit: Giphy.com