10 Question Master Quiz: How well do you REALLY know St George, Utah?
How well do you know St George, Utah?
Here is your 10 question Master Quiz
1. How many races, triathlons, fun runs and walks are regularly in St George Utah? 10? 16? 19?
Hint: Ironman is not regular.
Answer: According to Sgcity.org there are 19 schedules races, triathlons, fun runs and walks in 2023.
2.What are the, typically older, people who live in St George in the winter called?
3. What is the main ingredient that makes a fruit salad a "Dixie Salad?"
Answer: Pomegranate arils. (Seeds) And Dixie salad is delicious, but don't you dare put marshmallows in it!
4. When do the Huntsman World Senior Games happen in St George, Utah? April? September? October?
Answer: Opening ceremonies are typically the week after the St George Marathon in October.
5. How many sunny days per year in St George, Utah? Over 200? Over 300? Over 340?
Answer: Typically there are over 300 sunny days in St George, Utah.
6. St George, Utah was founded in what year? 1824? 1842? 1861?
Answer: St George, Utah was founded in 1861.
7. St George, Utah was founded in 1861 as a _____ mission? What were founders sent to grow?
Answer: St George, Utah founders were sent to grow cotton. This is why St George, Utah and surrounding areas, were given the nickname as "Utah's Dixie."
8. St George, Utah was know for a long time as a __________ community. What type of community?
Answer: Retirement community. St George is also known for it's volunteerism but you only get 1/2 pt for that answer.
9. How many toprope rock climbs are in St George Utah? 57? 101? 213?
Answer: 101 Toprope climbs in St George Utah with an astounding 1,709 total climbs in the area.
10. What Christmas song was written in downtown St George? Jingle Bells? Far Far Away on Judea's Plains? Silver Bells? All I Want For Christmas Is You?
Answer: Far, Far, Away on Judea's Plains was originally written for an 1869 Christmas program in St. George, Utah, by John M. Macfarlane.
How many did you get right?
0-2 = Welcome Californian
3-5= SunRiver Retiree
6-8= You should be Parade Royalty!
9-10= I dub you Fry Sauce Emperor
If you have any great unknown facts about St George, Utah, let me know!
Email me at email@example.com