Get Fat & Have Fun This Weekend In Washington County!
THE WASHINGTON COUNTY FAIR IS HAPPENING THIS WEEKEND!
There are SO MANY EVENTS, SO MUCH FOOD, and SO MUCH FUN to be had!
Here are some of the TOP EVENTS that you don't want to miss this weekend:Chris Janson concert!
"Buy Me A Boat", "Good Vibes" "Drunk Girl", "Fix A Drink","Done"
Saturday, April 22nd. Tickets available here!
- Retail Vendors!
- Carnival Rides & Games!
- Fireworks EVERY NIGHT at 10pm!
- Live Performances!
- Petting Zoo!
- Food Vendors!
- Beer Garden!
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
Parking is FREE now, and it's only $2.00/adult, and $1.00/kids 3-12.
All details, and tickets can be found here and at WashCoFair.Net!
4th Of July Concert Announced... People Are PISSED!
Earlier this week, the City of St. George and Canyon Media announced the 4th of July performer: Kelsea Ballerini.
Kelsea has an array of hits like "Dibs" "Love Me Like You Mean It" "Yeah Boy" "Dibs" and "Peter Pan". And she's the first Female Headliner for the 4th Of July celebration... maybe ever?
However, after it was announced that Kelsea would be here on Independence Day, Facebook BLEW UP with upset people.
"What a joke!"
"No Thanks! Keep our children safe!!"
"Kelsea and the drags.."
"I wouldn't walk across the street to see her. Sick, twisted, nouns and pronouns."
"Might want to rethink that choice."
"Really St. George??? I'm certain there were much better options rather than bringing someone who wants to shove trans down our kids throat."
"I like Kelsea, but she really lost me at the Country Awards"
The "Country Awards" that people are referencing are the 2023 CMT Awards, where Kelsea hosted with Kane Brown. Near the end of the awards show, Kelsea performed her song "If You Go Down (I'm Goin' Down Too)" in which she had four drag queens on stage behind her.
Now, if you've watched the performance, the drag queens weren't dressed scantily, nor were they holding signs or making a political message. However, It didn't matter to much of the country audience.
The 4th Of July concert will be held on July 4th at The Greater Zion Stadium, Utah Tech University's Football Stadium. Will you be attending the show? Does it bother you that Kelsea Ballerini will be here performing?
Southern Utah's Wish List For 4th Of July Concerts!
The 4th Of July Celebration happens every year and the radio station across town always puts it on. They bring in a Country artist and the stadium is PACKED! Everyone in town goes to the celebration! Here is who I believe they should target for THIS YEAR'S 4th Of July Concert in St. George!
She's BACK! People are going NUTS for Taylor Swift, and... She doesn't have another tour date on July 4th. GO GET HER GUYS!!
The REAL King of Country Music! Like Taylor Swift, he sells out INSTANTLY! This is a HOME RUN for Southern Utah! YES!
I don't care what ANYBODY says... Nickelback is AMAZING! They have a new album out, and we need them here! 4th of July Baby!
Insane Clown Posse:
ICP! Juggalo's Assemble! Southern Utah would LOVE Insane Clown Posse live at Trailblazer stadium! Everyone in Juggalo face paint would really bring the community together!
Backstreet's Back ALRIGHT! This is actually the group I would be most excited about. I went to them in April and it was the BEST SHOW I've ever seen! I would lose it if we got them!
Eminem is a LEGEND! We need this so bad. The community would come out and support Marshall!
Green Day seems like a solid choice for a 4th of July celebration. Granted, they DO have an album called "American Idiot" though... So that might kind of suck.
Guns N' Roses:
YES!!! Paradise City, November Rain, Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome to the Jungle! GIVE US GNR THIS 4TH OF JULY!
Southern Utah Restaurants We REALLY Miss!
Orange Julius was in the Food Court at the mall. The Food Court that LITERALLY doesn't exist anymore, directly outside of Bohme and Dillards. I miss you, Orange Julius.
Yes, I know Cedar City still has Sizzler, but St. George used to have one too! Right on St. George Boulevard. The current location is home to Alta Bank and looks NOTHING like a Sizzler!
St. George had a JB's, and even Hurricane had a JB's. It was like, a little Dennys, kind of... But they had a buffet! The breakfast buffet was MY FAVORITE!! The JB's location is currently home to Zupas!
2 Fat Guys Pizza:
2 Fat Guys Pizza had a HORRIBLE location, but AMAZING pizza! It was in the little shopping center to the south of Walmart in Bloomington. Hungry Howies and Peppers Cantina are in the same spot that 2 Fat Guys used to be in. It was wood fired pizza, and delicious. After 2 Fat Guys left, MULTIPLE pizza places came into the same location and just couldn't make it work.
Charlie's was a cute little restaurant that had ice cream, and soup, and sandwiches and always had a jukebox playing music. I miss Charlie's ALL THE TIME! Especially when I get sick. I miss that Chicken Noodle Soup. Charlie's location is now home to Swig on St. George Boulevard.
WOW! The Most BREATHTAKING Photos Of Utah, Proving It's The Most Beautiful State!
You've GOT to see these photos of our home state: UTAH! These prove we are EASILY the MOST BEAUTIFUL state in the U.S.
It's Official: Utah has a NEW State Flag!
Utah is getting a NEW state flag after the state Legislature approved SB31! This bill gives Utah it's new flag, while making the current flag the "historical state flag of Utah".
The bill passed the house with a 40-35 vote!
The following flags were the other 19 nominees:
The bill will go into effect in just over a year from now, on March 9, 2024, if signed by the governor.
Utah's Top 10 TINIEST TOWNS That You've Probably Never Heard Of
- Population: 158
- Location: Piute County, 45.5 miles south of Richfield (As the crow flies).
- Home of: Named after Thomas Rice King who settled the city with his family in 1876.
9. Brian Head
- Population: 154
- Location: Iron County, up high in the mountains. 11.5 miles from Cedar City (As the crow flies).
- Home of: The premiere ski resort in Southern Utah.
8. Dutch John
- Population: 151
- Location: Dagget County, 4 miles northeast of The Flaming Gorge Dam (As the crow flies).
- Home of: Named after John Honselena, a horse trader who supplied emigrants and railroad workers with horses in the 1860s. He was called Dutch John from his accent, even though he was actually German.
- Population: 154
- Location: Garfield County, 14 miles to Bryce Canyon National Park (As the crow flies).
- Home of: ATV Trails and Beautiful outdoor fun.
6 . Fairfield
- Population: 140
- Location: On the west side of Utah Lake. 22 miles West of Provo (As the crow flies.)
- Home of: Originally named Frogtown, was a stop for many riders on the Pony Express Trail.
- Population: 136
- Location: Kane County, 31 miles northeast of Zion National Park (As the crow flies).
- Home of: A quiet town with stunning scenery. In the 1800s, the name Alton was drawn out of a hat and given the name.
- Population: 125
- Location: Millard County, 15 miles northeast of Delta.
- Home of: Settled in 1907 as a "Stop on the railroad."
- Population: 122
- Location: Garfield County, 45 miles south of Richfield (As the crow flies).
- Home of: A mining town originally named "Coyote" changed to Antimony in 1921.
- Population: 55
- Location: Tooele County, 11 miles south of the city of Tooele (As the crow flies).
- Home of: Gold and silver mining in the 1800's.
- Population: 23
- Location: Carbon County, 20 miles northwest of Price (As the crow flies).
- Home of: Scofield Reservoir State Park.